Monday 15 May 2023

 

What's on my desk?

Linking up with the 14th Anniversary of Stamping ground https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com With thanks to Julia Dunnit who keeps it going. 

I have been really creative lately, I must confess that the fact that I am taking high doses of steroids at the moment is part of the reason!
I am awake half the night because of the medication and two spells in hospital recently made me resort to watching crafty tutorials on YouTube.
WELL! I discovered eco dying on paper and was instantly hooked. 
I drove my poor husband and my friend Liz mad  trying to find a pot big enough to boil the experiments in. The house stunk of vinegar and the results were drying everywhere 
I used plants that grew in my garden and a public walkway yards from my house.

 




My favourite one would be hard to choose, also the images of the plants appear on both sides of the paper 
because of the layering process.

I have dozens of these experiments. I used watercolour paper mostly but the process works on almost any paper.




I know I have been conspicuously absent from joining in recently I hope I can be forgiven, I look at everything you do and admire it.
Thank you for taking a look at my efforts I am busy trying to use some of it for cards and suchlike.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of 'stuff' I am playing with. Think! .. drying wildflowers the easy way. For adding to eco dyed cards! Starting a journal using the tags I made years ago over at Tag Tuesday Trying to paint something for my Artist Society Exhibition. Buying stuff in the middle of the night from Amazon ( is that even a craft) ha ha!  Two cards finished.





16 comments:

  1. Happy 14th WOYWW! Hi there Pat, nice to see you on the desks again - sorry to hear you’ve been through the mill with your health though, hope things are improving now. I really do like your eco dying experiments, the cards are fab and ones which I would buy in the shop! Keep up the experimenting, they look great.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s lovely to see you Pat, today is a grand day to se your desk! Very sorry to hear that your climb back into good health has been such a long one, and now sleeplessness caused by steroids -ouch. If there is a silver lining though, it’s the smelly potfuls of boiled paper! They look staggeringly lovely, ethereal and wonderfully coloured! I don’t have any idea what you’ll do with them either, but aren’t they a lovely thing to have! The cards are lovely, so just keep going. And hmmm…is buying stuff from Amazon a craft?? That’s a big question!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late in the day and am only just getting around the blogs after a busy morning with little Louie and work.
    Happy 14th Anniversary.....here's to many more happy years of fun and friendship.
    Hugs,
    Annie x #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your kind words. Happy 14! grateful you felt well enough to join us today! Robyn 1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why howdy sister-in-law, so good to see you here today especially as it is thanks to you that I got involved in WOYWW in the first place. Hoping the steroids are doing the trick and loving your eco dyed projects. Happy anniverary and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you today, with your experimental art - loving the results. Might almost be worth the lack of sleep . Happy WOYWW helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Pat, good to see you. Glad to hear you've been getting creative, I don't think I've tried any of those (except maybe the ordering from Amazon in the middle of the night, I hadn't realised it qualified but it's definitely a hobby for me). The ecodying looks lush - how big a pot do you need and did you find it on Amazon? Happy WOYWW Anniversary, love n hugs Cindy #7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat, great to see you. Sounds like you've been having a good week full of crafting fun. Great project and loving the results too. Wishing you a very happy woyww Anniversary. Hugs, Angela x14x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 14th Pat πŸ€—❤️πŸ’• here's to those steroids working there magic ⭐️ Just wow ... I'm in love with what your creating ,absolutely gorgeous in every way πŸ₯° I confess I might beeee ... swoooning 😍🀩😍loving your creativity. Sending love and hugs Tracy #11 xxxx P.S Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. Steroids. Glad they are working for you but the sleepless nights are awful. On the other hand, your eco dyeing is superb! I just love all of it. The colours and the patterns, gorgeous. Gotta love the speedy delivery of amazon, right?
    Happy 14th Anniversary WOYWW
    Mary Anne (6)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry to read you have not been well. Steroids don't sound like fun, but you seem to be very productive on them. I do a LOT of eco dyeing on fabric, but have not done any on paper yet. I have some of those big clips, so that is a great idea to use them to hold your papers together. I must find some watercolor paper, because I LOVE what you have created. Happy 14th Anniversary from # 3.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I know what the being awake in the early hours is too but I suppose mine is down to menopause, Amazon shopping in the early hours so funny!! Anyway I love the plant papers so gorgeous and all so unique and really special. Happy Anniversary Hugs BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks addictive.....and so beautiful! I sometimes go to my craft room in the night ...makes sense to me instead of being awake and wishing I could get back to sleep! Not done any shopping though ;D Happy 14th WOYWW, Chrisx #26

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - those eco prints look amazing!
    Happy 14th! Susan #21

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Pat, how lovely to see all your crafty goodness. I love making eco prints and yours are fabulous - it's a very addictive activity isn't it. Sorry to hear you've been having health problems, I hope things are improving.
    Happy belated 14th Anniversary,
    Diana xx #15

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there. I love your eco dying. The cards are beautiful..
    Anne x 20

    ReplyDelete