Saturday 22 January 2022

Trying to get going again

 



I am here again documenting my half finished projects . I have however  been doing a little more in the way of creativity just lately so I'm hoping this is a good sign .

 The pandemic and ill health took its toll I am afraid. It's hard to get going again and find the same enthusiasm for things as I once did.

On my desk is a partly finished watercolour of my granddaughter in closeup. A half finished needle felted corsage flower. I volunteered my computer skill to my very small Women's Institute group to make our yearly booklet, I am pleased to say that I actually finished this project Yay!!

At Christmas I made a macrame plant hanger as a gift. I had not done any for at least twenty years and all the tutorials looked like gobbledygook to my poor old brain.

 I hung the strands up on a hook in the doorway and guess what?  muscle memory is a real thing! My fingers remembered how to do it. I was pleased with the result.

I am joining forces with Julia's stamping ground https://stamping-ground.blogspot.com hoping to catchup with some of the talented ladies who join in.



1 comment:

  1. It’s great to see you. I had a big surgery about five years ago and it left me vey unmotivated and mojo-less. It took much longer than I would have liked it to get back my enthusiasm, so be gentle with your expectations! Sounds like the WI obligation meant you tackled a deadline which is a good thing, like the macrame, it was for a deadline,..perhaps that’s what you’ll need for now, a time limit!! As the procrastinator of all procrastinators that’s rich coming from me!!

    ReplyDelete